Chessington World of Adventures Resort has become the first Theme Park to trial ‘FlyFi’ a brand new, one-of-a-kind internet service. This brand new connection service, most unusually, combines the natural flying power of the macaw along with a strong WiFi signal to make sure that none of Chessington’s resident Glampers miss out on staying connected during their adventure at the Resort.
Inspired by sonar signal in bats, Chessington’s resident macaws will be boosting the WiFi signal over the brand new Explorer Glamping tents by spreading their wings and taking flight over the site while holding a small WiFi router in their claws, which their experienced keepers have trained them to carry while flying. Chessington know the importance of staying connected and sharing your memories and moments as they happen, so the brand new FlyFi service is making it even easier to instantly share the snaps from your trip with your friends and family.
Fearless Adventurers will be able to have a unique experience with the new Explorer Glamping accommodation, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in nature, while the new Fly-Fi service will also engage guests with one of Chessington’s most colourful species who are facing extinction in the wild.
Megan Wilson from Chessington World of Adventures Resort, commented: 'We know how important it is for families to spend quality time together, but also the need to stay connected to others, so our macaws will be on hand to help. 'Fly-Fi' will allow families to enjoy the adventures of the great outdoors without worrying about having a limited Wi-Fi connection while they experience our new Explorer Glamping tents."
The Explorer Glamping accommodation opens at Chessington World of Adventures Resort on 27th May 2016 and families can book the ultimate outdoor adventure by phoning 0871 221 3970, or by booking online at Chessington.com
For more information please visit www.chessington.com
Notes to Editors
- High Resolution images of Chessington World of Adventures Resort are available for the media to download free of charge from www.chessington.com/press
- Twitter: @cwoa Facebook: Facebook.com/chessington Instagram: @chessingtonworldofadventures Google+: google.com/+chessington
- The full theme park is open on selected days from Friday 18th March – Monday 31st October 2016, please check the website for availability. For more information on opening times and to book tickets please visit www.chessington.com
- Discover the perfect family getaway at the Chessington Resort Hotels - Safari Hotel and Azteca Hotel - where you can enjoy themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, spa and Savannah Splash pool and two fantastic themed restaurants. Or for the ultimate outdoor accommodation experience try our Explorer Glamping – brand new for 2016! For more information please visit http://www.chessington.com/glamping
- For 12 months unlimited access to Chessington and/or Merlin’s other UK attractions see our range of annual passes at Merlin Annual Pass
- The Zoo at Chessington World of Adventures is a member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA). BIAZA represents its member collections and promotes the values of good zoos and aquariums.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.