MAKE A SPLASH
Tiger Rock is an exhilarating log flume, where the whole family gets yet another unique view of the resident tigers as they journey alongside their innovative enclosure. Then, descend a misty waterfall drop, the ride’s finale, right through the centre of a giant tiger’s head carved into the imposing rock.
Developed in conjunction with Zoo experts, Land of the Tiger celebrates one of the world’s most majestic and most endangered animals. Our Amur tigers are truly at the heart of the innovative enclosure, home to four Amur tigers, the world’s largest tiger species.
In a European first, the specially designed enclosure introduces overhead trails, allowing the tigers’ freedom to roam, and guests to observe the species in a whole new way, right above their heads. Other areas allow guests not just to observe, but to ‘interact’ with the awe-inspiring animals in a variety of experiences, and together make amazing discoveries about the Amur Tiger via Chessington’s own, Learn Your Stripes initiative.
FUN FACT: Tiger Rock is part of Land of the Tiger, which is also home to four Amur tigers who came from Kolmarden, a Zoo and Theme Park in Sweden.
- Minimum Height is 1.2m
- Children under 1.3m must be accompanied by an adult aged 16+
- No Maximum Height
LOCATION: LAND OF THE TIGER
TOP SPEED: 26MPH
RIDE TYPE: LOG FLUME
- For safety reasons, Adventurers must be properly secured in the ride seat
- Adventurers must be able to walk unassisted on and off the ride
- Not suitable for Adventurers with heart conditions, high blood pressure, back problems or neck problems
- There is no guarantee of seeing our Amur tigers as they are free reign in their enclosure and may choose to be in their indoor homes, so may not always be visible
- Boats seat up to 5 people so groups of 1 - 4 people will be required to share
- Loose articles must be secured in the boat prior to riding
- Accompanying adult must be in the same boat as children under 1.3m
Tiger Rock opened in 2018.
BOOK A SHORT BREAK IN OUR TIGER ROOMS
Stay in the Resort Hotel and enjoy...
2pm early check in
View of the Wanyama Reserve
Fastrack access to selected rides
Hidden Gruffalo present
Access to the Savannah Splash pool & gym
And loads more...
Tell Me More