MAKE A SPLASH
Tiger Rock is an exhilarating log flume, where the whole family gets yet another unique view of the resident tigers as they journey alongside their innovative enclosure. Then, descend a misty waterfall drop, the ride’s finale, right through the centre of a giant tiger’s head carved into the imposing rock.
Developed in conjunction with Zoo experts, Land of the Tiger celebrates one of the world’s most majestic and most endangered animals. Our Amur tigers are truly at the heart of the innovative enclosure, home to four Amur tigers, the world’s largest tiger species.
In a European first, the specially designed enclosure introduces overhead trails, allowing the tigers’ freedom to roam, and guests to observe the species in a whole new way, right above their heads. Other areas allow guests not just to observe, but to ‘interact’ with the awe-inspiring animals in a variety of experiences, and together make amazing discoveries about the Amur Tiger via Chessington’s own, Learn Your Stripes initiative.
FUN FACT: Tiger Rock is part of Land of the Tiger, which is also home to four Amur tigers who came from Kolmarden, a Zoo and Theme Park in Sweden.
- Minimum Height is 1.2m.
- Adventurers under 1.3m must be accompanied by an adult aged 16+.
- No Maximum Height.
- Maximum of 4 adults per boat.
- Adventurers must be able to walk unassisted on and off the ride.
- Not suitable for Adventurers with heart conditions, high blood pressure, back problems, neck problems or expectant mothers.
- There is no guarantee of seeing our Amur tigers as they are free reign in their enclosure and may choose to be in their indoor homes, so may not always be visible.
- Boats seat up to 5 people so groups of 1 - 4 people will be required to share.
- Accompanying adult must be in the same boat as children under 1.3m.
- Not suitable for Adventurers with any type of cast, or those using a moonboot.
- This is a dark ride with smoke and light / laser effects. May not be suitable for Young Adventurers or those with breathing difficulties.
- Due to evacuation procedures, this ride is not suitable for non-ambulant Adventurers.
- Adventurers must be able to sit upright unaided and be able to brace themselves against the forces of the ride.
- This ride is not suitable for those with leg amputations or arm amputations.