We aim to make our attractions as accessible as possible, download our guide below to see rides which are suitable for you. You might like to print this or save it to your phone to use on the day.
Buying Tickets & Entering the Park
- Guests able to provide evidence of their disability (e.g. blue/orange badge or similar) will be entitled to bring a helper free of charge (please present your ticket and disabled proof to the member of staff at our turnstiles gates to receive your free helper ticket). In addition an extra helper can enter at a concessionary rate, providing the second is required to assist you on to specific rides and attractions.
- If you need help to buy your ticket, hosts in the Welcome area will be happy to assist.
- Wheelchair-users should use the gates to the far left and right at the turnstiles.
On the day
Important Ride Access Pass Information
What to bring with you on the day of your adventure, to apply for a Ride Access Pass.
- A letter from a consultant or GP detailing a condition that would require use of the Ride Access Pass or a photocopy of both sides of your Blue Badge. Please note DWP and DLA paperwork cannot be accepted for the Ride Access Pass, however will be accepted to bring a helper free of charge.
- A form of photographic identification for the individual who requires the Ride Access Pass (This must correspond with the name and details on the GP letter or Blue Badge provided).
- One companion who is happy to use the rides and attractions with the holder of the Ride Access Pass (must be over the age of 14 to offer assistance).
Please note: Ride Access Passes are reserved for adventurers who do not understand the concept of queuing; have difficulties with everyday social interaction; have a limited capacity to follow instruction or to understand others’ emotional feelings or expressions, and may become agitated or distressed having to wait for extended periods of time; and permanently non-ambulant guests. Having a registered disability does not mean you automatically receive a Ride Access Pass. Qualification includes the requirement of photographic identification on each and every occasion an application for a Ride Access Pass is made at Adventurers’ Services.
- If you’re arriving by car or minibus, please use either the Lodge Gate or Explorer Gate Car Park, where attendants are on hand to direct you to dedicated parking spaces.
- In the Lodge Gate Car Park this will be the top row, near the Welcome area.
- In the Explorer Gate Car Park it will be at the top near the Explorer Gate Welcome area.
- To use these parking spaces, you must display a valid blue badge in your vehicle. Car parking costs just £2 per car, per day (including 20p to the Chessington Conservation Fund.
- Adventurers with a disability can obtain a transferable helper’s Annual Pass. To find out more, ask at one of the cabins in the Welcome areas.
- Complimentary wheelchair hire (£10 refundable deposit required) is available for registered disabled visitors, but please note that availability cannot be guaranteed. Wheelchair loss or damage may result in a charge.
- Toilets with disabled access are available throughout the Park and you’ll find their locations marked on the Park Map.
Disabled Changing Places Toilet
- Located in Transylvania with a height adjustable changing bench, shower, toilet and a hoist. To access please use a RADAR key, or speak to a member of staff.
First Aid Centre
- This is located in Forbidden Kingdom close to Rameses Revenge. The First Aid team caters for a number of special needs, including the cold storage of medicines.
- Located in Market Square, this should be your first port of call. The Adventurers’ Services team can offer advice on ride access and restrictions, issue ride access wristbands and passes (conditions apply) and provide further information on facilities for adventurers with a disability. Adventurers’ Services can also check adventurers’ heights to confirm which rides you can go on.
Restaurants & Shops
- If you need assistance when visiting any of our shops or restaurants, you’ll find hosts on hand who will be happy to help.