Our complete terms, conditions and Park regulations are outlined below.
Scroll down or use the following headings to jump to a specific section:
Chessington World of Adventures Operations Limited* (acting as agent for and on behalf of Merlin Attractions Operations Limited) ("Chessington"/"we") place great importance on the safety of its visitors and endeavours to ensure that the high standards set by Chessington are complied with by all persons in the park ("the Park"). We are only prepared to allow entry to the Park to those visitors who are willing to comply with the Park regulations set out below.
Please note that whilst in and about the Park, the terms and conditions of purchasing your ticket also apply and must be adhered to save for annual pass holders, where the terms and conditions for annual passes shall apply.
We are sure that you will wish to assist Chessington in ensuring the Park and facilities therein remaining a safe place in which to enjoy a fun and exciting experience. To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation throughout the Park.
- All persons entering the Park are admitted subject to the following Park regulations. Any person who does not comply with these regulations may be removed from the Park by either Chessington personnel or police officers. This is without prejudice to any claim that Chessington may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Park all visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by Chessington personnel or police officers.
- In the interests of the public and the health and safety of its visitors, Chessington reserves the right to refuse entry to the Park in the event that the capacity for visitors at the Park is reached and/or exceeded.
- Chessington reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Park, ban from entry to the Park, or remove from the Park without right to refund any person who:
If the person referred to in regulation 1.2 is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at the Park manager's discretion be denied entry to the Park or escorted from the Park without right to refund.
- Acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to the Park whether by bus, coach or other means, where such behaviour has been reported to Chessington;
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of Chessington, is likely to affect the safety and/or enjoyment of other visitors or staff;
- Has behaved in, or in the vicinity of, the Park in a manner which, in the opinion of Chessington, has, or is likely to, affect the safety and enjoyment of other visitors or staff;
- Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- Has previously acted in any manner which has caused any other attraction within the Merlin Entertainments Group to report that individual to Chessington;
For the avoidance of any doubt, pre-booked tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason(s) referred to above.
- All persons entering the Park who are over 0.9 metres in height must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket.
- If re-entry into the Park is required, you must obtain an appropriate hand stamp, before exiting the Park which must be shown at the time of re-entry to gain access to the Park. Admission tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Security or Chessington personnel. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Park or being found inside the Park without a valid ticket may be ejected from the Park.
- All tickets are non-transferable and cannot be re-sold without prior permission of Chessington. If Chessington reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent or purchased from an unauthorised source, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the Park without refund or payment of compensation. Any admission tickets, or discount vouchers, purchased or obtained from ticket touts will not be valid and the holder will be refused entry or ejected from the Park without payment of compensation. All admission prices are subject to change.
- Admission tickets are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge.
- Admission tickets will only be exchanged or refunded if Chessington, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
- No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the Park unless they are accompanied by an adult, who shall be 16 years or over and such child or children whilst in the Park must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
- Chessington, in its absolute discretion, may increase the age restriction for children referred to in regulation 3 above on an individual basis for the requirement of accompaniment by an adult should it be deemed necessary in the interests of safety and security.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in the Park (except for guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs) without the express prior permission of Chessington.
- Chessington reserves the right to contact any relevant authority to make and be responsible for any decision in relation to any animals referred to in regulation 4 above that are left unsupervised or that are found to be in distress.
- To prevent offensive weapons, dangerous articles and illegal substances from being taken into the Park, visitors are admitted to the Park subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will give their consent to undergo an outer clothing search and/or have their bags and belongings checked. Any refusal to comply with this request will result in being denied entry and/or being escorted from the Park without the right to refund. It is prohibited to bring into the Park any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
- Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from the Park without the right to refund and be open to prosecution.
- If the person referred to in regulation 5.1 is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at the Park’s discretion be denied entry or escorted from the Park without the right to refund.
- The consumption of intoxicating liquor is permitted only in authorised places within the Park. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor may not be taken into the Park except with the express permission of Chessington and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Park or escorted from the Park without right to refund.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused admission or escorted from the Park without right to refund.
- If the person referred to in regulation 6.1 is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at the Park manager's discretion be denied entry or escorted from the Park without right to refund.
- Chessington will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by visitors. However, Chessington reserves the right, without prior notice and without refund or compensation to close and/or change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Park's operating hours. Chessington in its absolute discretion reserves the right without refund or compensation to close the whole or any part of the Park at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Park due to capacity, inclement weather or special events, to ensure safety, security or order, or if Chessington considers the circumstances so require.
- All rides, attractions, amusements, transport systems and other facilities must only be used in accordance with their restrictions and the operator’s instructions.
- Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets, mobile phones, video cameras and other electrical equipment) or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Park.
- Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or buildings is strictly prohibited. Chessington reserves the right to prosecute any person found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, fences, barriers, walls, ride structures, exhibits, fabrics or buildings and to initiate legal proceedings if appropriate.
- Only persons authorised by Chessington are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Park.
- Motor homes, camper vans, caravans or any other vehicle of a similar nature are not permitted anywhere within the Park unless express prior permission in writing has been given by a senior member of the Park. This permission in its original form will need to be produced prior to entry to the Park. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Park outside the Park’s normal operating hours without the prior express permission of the security duty manager, who retains absolute discretion as to whether such permission is granted.
- Any person or vehicle found in breach of regulation 12.1 will be deemed to be trespassing and appropriate action will be taken which may include instigating legal proceedings and/or the clamping and/or the removal of vehicles.
- Chessington accepts no responsibility for any loss and or damage arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any ride or exhibit undertaken and/or during evacuation from such a ride or exhibit in the event of breakdown, fire or security precaution.
- From time to time Chessington or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording at the Park which may feature visitors. By accepting these regulations, you agree that Chessington or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Chessington or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- By accepting these regulations, you acknowledge that Chessington may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by visitors to the Park and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are or are deemed to be offensive to other visitors and/or staff. By accepting these regulations you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Park.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited throughout the Resort except for designated smoking areas which are highlighted on the Park Map.
- Visitors are requested to leave all pushchairs and / or large luggage items at the designated area. Chessington take no responsibility for any loss or damage to such belongings.
- All items, belongings and other property brought onto the Park by visitors shall be at such visitor's own risk and Chessington accepts no liability for the loss or damage to such property. Secure lockers are available upon request and subject to a nominal fee.
- Sensible clothing and footwear must be worn at all times when in and about the Park. Please note that for health and safety reasons shirts and shoes must be worn on all rides at all times.
- Wheeled footwear, human, battery and motor powered transport devices with the exception of wheelchairs and pushchairs are not permitted in the Park. For the sake of clarity this includes scooters, skates and the like.
- Vehicles are parked at owner’s risk.
CHESSINGTON WORLD OF ADVENTURES takes no responsibility for damage caused to any vehicle using the car park.
A parking fee applies; a ticket must be purchased prior to exit.
Any guest with a lost car park ticket will be required to purchase a new ticket at the full day rate.
You park at your own risk; we do not guarantee the security of your vehicle and/or its contents.
- Where CCTV cameras are installed in any of our Car Parks they are used to assist in the proper running of the Car Park. The CCTV cameras may also act as a deterrent to criminal activity. We are obliged by law to display signage in the Car Park advising that CCTV cameras are in operation. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras and no guarantee is given as to the security of your vehicle in the car park.
These regulations are for the benefit of all visitors and will be strictly enforced.
Groups & Schools Tickets
- Group rates are available to all organised groups who pay in advance with a minimum of 10 paying guests. No minimum group size is required for school rates or individual rates.
- Pre-payment rates are available for bookings that are received with full payment at least 10 working days prior to the proposed visit by cheque or 2 working days in advance by credit card. Tickets must be booked for a specific date at least 5 days in advance for you to receive them by post. If your visit is within the 5 days, then your tickets will be held for you to collect at the Advance Ticket Collection Office at the entrance.
- Once payment has been received any additional prepaid group tickets will be charged at the original rate.
- In view of the discount given on advance purchased tickets, we regret that cash refunds cannot be offered in the event of cancellations or no shows.
- Approved account customers should refer to the terms and conditions that apply to their account facility.
- To qualify for the school rates proof of school status must be given, school headed paper must be shown and payment should be paid by school cheque.
Annual Passes - Terms & Conditions of Use
For Annual Pass terms and conditions of use please see the appropriate Pass pages and click the Terms and Conditions links:
Blue Peter Badge
- Free entry for Blue Peter badge winners aged 6-15 is subject to presentation of a valid Blue Peter badge and a completed, valid Blue Peter Card.
- One free entry per Blue Peter badge winner.
- Blue Peter badge winners under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a full paying adult aged 18 and over.
- Present your valid Blue Peter badge and completed, valid Blue Peter Card at the turnstiles to gain entry to the Park.
- Photocopies will not be accepted, only an original Blue Peter badge and completed, valid Blue Peter Card will be accepted.
- Free entry is offered to the named Blue Peter badge and card holder only. Blue Peter badge and completed, valid card holder cannot be used by anyone else.
- This is an on-going free prize draw to new subscribers of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort online newsletter.
- Entry is open to all UK residents excluding employees of Chessington World of Adventures Resort or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the draw.
- If you are under 16, please check with your parent or guardian before signing up to receive more information.
- The prize is four individual tickets to be redeemed at Chessington World of Adventures Resort.
- The closing date for entries is the last day of every month. The winner will be notified within 28 days and will be contacted by email to the address supplied at the time of registration.
- Chessington World of Adventures Resort will select a monthly prize winner from all valid entries received after the closing date. Prizes must be taken by the end of March the following year.
- Prize winners drawn after the park has closed in October will be entitled to choose between Chessington Zoo Days tickets valid throughout the winter season or full-park tickets to be used by the end of March the following year. Tickets not used by the end of March the following year will not be extended.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- The prize must be accepted as a whole and no alternative full-cash or other prize is available, in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be available to the winner and cannot be sold.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control.
- Participants are required to supply complete and accurate details. In the case of incomplete or incorrect details being provided, or the Promoter being unable to contact the winner within 28 days, the promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- By entering this competition you agree to your name and entry details being used in any required publicity material. Winning names will be displayed on the website after notification; a paper copy of winning names is available. Please send a SAE to: Marketing department, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2NE.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. By entering this prize draw your contact details will be added to Chessington World of Adventures Resort mailing list for marketing purposes. If you are under 16, please check with your parent or guardian before signing up to receive more information. To unsubscribe, please use the links in the email newsletters.