The whole family can now Go Ape at Chessington World of Adventures Resort
Unleash your inner Tarzan at the NEW Go Ape Tree Top Adventure at Chessington World of Adventures Resort – opening Saturday 16th July, 2016.
Go Ape have paired up with Britain’s Wildest Adventure for the UK’s 30th Tree Top Adventure**. The new course is the perfect way to live life a little more adventurously this summer. Adventurers can spend 2-3 hours getting in touch with their inner Tarzan - navigating high ropes, crossings and tunnels - and the adventure ends with an exhilarating one-of-a kind four person zip-wire- a UK first for Go Ape!
Following the launch of Tree Top Junior - which opened at Chessington World of Adventures Resort on Saturday 28th May, 2016 - the opening of Tree Top Adventure now sees two fantastic courses available in one iconic location - meaning the whole family can Go Ape together!
Make it a Short Break
Whether it's a quest to find ancient treasure in the Azteca Hotel, a trip to an African Savannah in the Safari Hotel, or the wildest of adventures in the great outdoors with brand new Explorer Glamping, Chessington’s Resort accommodation provides the perfect short break. And now you can choose to extend your outdoor adventure witha swing through the new Go Ape courses as the perfect beginning or end to your stay at Britain’s wildest adventure.
Tristram Mayhew, Chief Gorilla at Go Ape, comments, "60 acre Wood at Chessington World of Adventures Resort is a beautiful hidden gem and a natural habitat for our latest Tree Top Adventure. We look forward to encouraging baboons and gorillas of all ages to challenge themselves to a wild high wire forest adventure, exploring the wonders and thrills of the sub-canopy."
Tim Harrison Jones, Divisional Director at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, comments, “We are delighted that the fantastic Go Ape Tree Top Adventure course is set to open alongside the existing Tree Top Junior course here at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, and we’re extremely excited to be not only the 30th Go Ape location in the UK but also home to the brand new one-of-a-kind four-man Zip wire! As Britain’s Wildest Adventure, the partnership with Go Ape brings two adventurous brands together and ensures families can
enjoy going wild in new ways when visiting us this summer and beyond.”
Come rain or shine, Go Ape’s award winning outdoor activities are the perfect way for children and adults to have fun this Summer.
With over 40 rides and attractions in 10 themed lands, a Zoo with over 1000 animals and SEA LIFE centre, plus daily live shows and seasonal events, Chessington offers a world of fun and excitement for the whole family to enjoy.
Bookings are now live at www.goape.co.uk – so why not take the first step towards adventure and book an experience at Go Ape.
* Participants must be over 1m tall
** Suitable for adults and children over 10 years old (who are at least 1.4m tall)
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
About Go Ape:
- In 2001, ex-Army Officer Tristram Mayhew and his wife Rebecca, discovered how much fun it was swinging through the trees during a holiday in France. They quit their jobs and, with a giant leap of faith, created the first Go Ape adventure – and they’ve never looked back
- Go Ape is the UK's No. 1 Forest Adventure with 59 activities across the country including:
- Tree Top Adventure – for adults and children of 10 and above who are at least 1.4m (4ft 7in) tall
- Tree Top Junior – for children (normally between 6 and 12) who are at least 1m (3ft 3½ in) tall
- Forest Segway – for adults and children of 10 and above weighing at least 7 stone
- Zip Trekking Adventure – for adults and children of 13 and above who are at least 1.4m (4ft 7in) tall and weigh a minimum of 7 stone
- Any child under 16 must be supervised by a participating adult (18 years +). One adult can supervise two 10-15 year olds
- In 2015, 860,000 people came to live life a little more adventurously at Go Ape – a 6% increase year on year Go Ape plans to open new adventures during 2016, bringing the Go Ape experience to millions more
About Chessington World of Adventures Resort:
- High Resolution images of Chessington World of Adventures Resort are available for the media to download free of charge from www.chessington.com/press
- Twitter: @cwoa Facebook: Facebook.com/chessington Instagram: @chessingtonworldofadventures Google+: google.com/+chessington
- The full theme park will be open on selected days from Friday 18th March – Monday 31st October 2016, please check the website for availability. For more information on opening times and to book tickets please visit www.chessington.com
- Discover the perfect family get away at the Chessington Resort Hotels - Safari Hotel and Azteca Hotel - where you can enjoy themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, spa and Savannah Splash pool and two fantastic themed restaurants. Or for the ultimate outdoor accommodation experience try our Explorer Glamping – brand new for 2016! For more information please visit http://www.chessington.com/glamping
- For 12 months unlimited access to Chessington and/or Merlin’s other UK attractions see our range of annual passes at Merlin Annual Pass
- The Zoo at Chessington World of Adventures is a member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA). BIAZA represents its member collections and promotes the values of good zoos and aquariums.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.