With Father’s Day approaching on Sunday 21st of June, Chessington is offering something a little different for Dads this year with a selection of Xtra Adventure experiences available. The VIP experiences will tap into Dad’s adventurous side, allowing him to spend time with his family whilst getting up close and personal to some of Chessington’s most exotic residents.
The experiences on offer include a 30-minute Giraffe Safari*, where guests are driven onto Chessington’s Wanyama Reserve in a safari truck for a very close up experience with Kismet, Tonda, Mojo and Kito, Chessington’s resident giraffes. Another way to meet and feed the giraffes is with Giraffe Feeding experience for just £15 per person, done from the boardwalk in the middle of the reserve. Other animals dad can meet through the Xtra Adventure Service are sea lions, meerkats, capybaras and penguins, with a range of buy-on-the day feeding experiences available.
Those looking for some grander experiences for animal loving dads can also arrange for a Behind The Scenes tour and various Zoo Keeper for a Day packages, where dads can get a chance to work with some truly impressive animals, ranging from lions and tigers to rhinos and giraffes, as well as reptiles if he so chooses!
To book, email Xtra.Adventures@chessington.co.uk and Chessington’s dedicated team will organise all bookings. Please see www.chessington.com for the terms and conditions of our Xtra Adventure experiences.
*minimum height and age restrictions apply on certain experience. Please check chessington.com for more information.
- Ends –
Notes to Editors
- High Resolution images of Chessington World of Adventures Resort are available for the media to download free of charge from www.chessington.com/press
- Twitter: @cwoa Facebook: Facebook.com/chessington Instagram: @chessingtonworldofadventures Google+: google.com/+chessington
- Discover the perfect family get away at the Chessington Safari Hotel and Chessington Azteca Hotel, where you can enjoy themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, spa and Savannah Splash pool and two fantastic themed restaurants.
- For 12 months unlimited access to Chessington and/or Merlin’s other UK attractions see our range of annual passes at Merlin Annual Pass
- The Zoo at Chessington World of Adventures is a member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA). BIAZA represents its member collections and promotes the values of good zoos and aquariums
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 105 attractions, 11 hotels/3 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 60 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, the and the commitment and passion of its managers and c25,000 employees.
- Among Merlin’s attractions are – SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which as distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.