FIRSTTORIDE Competition Terms & Conditions
The First to Ride competition will pick 25 winners to visit Chessington World of Adventures Resort on Sunday 14 May 2023 to attend the World of Jumanji First To Ride VIP event. Each winner will receive a VIP family invitation for up to 4 people to attend the First To Ride event, followed by entry to Chessington World of Adventures for the rest of the day.
Valid on Sunday 14 May 2023 only. Prizes do not include travel to and from Chessington World of Adventures Resort. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner and guest. Prizes are non-transferrable, not for resale and there is no cash alternative. Winners and their family members must be able to adhere to all ride safety regulations stated below.
1. The Promoter: Chessington World of Adventures Resort. Registered Number: 6272935. Registered Office: Link House. 25 West Street. Poole. Dorset. BH15 1LD please do not send correspondence to these addresses For enquiries contact email@example.com
2. The Prize: Win 1 of 25 family tickets for up to 4 people on Sunday 14 May 2023, the prize includes:
- Entry to the First To Ride VIP event taking place on the above date
- One ride on Mandrill Mayhem, Ostrich Stampede and Mamba Strike
- Mandrill Mayhem digital ride photo
- Entry to Chessington World of Adventures for rest of the day
- Ultimate Reserve and Ride for the rest of the day in the theme park
- £40 Magic Money per family to spend in retail outlets or restaurants which must be spent on the above date, no change or refunds are given
- X 1 winner’s goodie bag per family
The First To Ride VIP event will take place on the Sunday 14th May - winners must be available on this date. No other date will be offered. The exact time of the event will be shared with the winners on confirmation of their prize. If the winner is unable to attend this date, they must surrender their entry and another name will be drawn at random by an independent adjudicator.
3. How to Participate: Play all five World of Jumanji games hosted on the Chessington website (www.chessington.com/jumanji) from 13 March – 10 April 2023 to enter the prize draw. Games 1 and Game 5 can be entered multiple times - a score of 1,000 must be reached to submit an email address to count as an additional entry into the First to Ride competition. Games 2, Game 3 and Game 4 may only be entered once.
4. Maximum of one prize per household and each winner can bring up to 3 family members. Each family member must be at least 1.2m to ensure they can ride all 3 attractions. Each child under 1.3m must be accompanied by an adult (16+).
5. The prize can only be used as stipulated, are not transferable to another individual and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way. Sale of the prize for profit is prohibited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or ticket. The prize must be taken as a complete package. Any breach of this term will result in disqualification
and the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize.
6. This prize does not include travel to or from to Chessington World of Adventures. Travel to and from the event is the responsibility of the winner.
7. This prize does not include overnight accommodation at Chessington World of Adventures. If overnight accommodation is required this is the responsibility of the winner.
8. Eligibility: Entry is open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland]and ROI aged 18+. In entering the competition, the participant confirms that he/she is eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize he/she may win. The Promoter may require the entrant to provide proof that he/she is eligible to enter the competition and claim any Prize he/she may win.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for
a. entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason;
b. unauthorized human intervention or human error which may occur in any part of the entry process or the process for allocating the prize(s);
c. technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries;
d. any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant's participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Winner Selection and notification: The winners will be drawn by an independent adjudicator within 7 working days of the competition close and winners will be notified within 5 days thereafter via email to the email address submitted with their entry. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, then the slot is void and a new winner will be drawn.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
13. By accepting the prize, the winners agree to photography and videography to be taken on the day which may be used in promotional material.
14. The prize is subject to Chessington World of Adventures Resort normal terms and conditions of entry found on the official website https://www.chessington.com/legal/terms-conditions/
15. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. For example it may only publish personal details in generic form e.g. John from London.
18. The prize is subject to the ride being open and in full operation on the 14 May 2023. The Promoter reserves the right to move the event date due to unforeseen circumstances. All winners will be notified before the date of the event.
19. Winners and guests must be able to adhere to all ride safety regulations and must be a minimum of 1.2m tall to ride.
20. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
21. Entries that are incomplete, altered, or tampered with, will not be valid and deemed void.
22. Entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer or completed in bulk, will not be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with these terms and conditions.
23. In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to void, suspend or cancel the competition where it becomes necessary to do so, or amend or alter the terms of the promotion at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
24. The Promoter's decision is final in relation to promotional matters and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
25. These terms and conditions are governed by relevant UK law and you and we agree to only bring legal actions about these terms and conditions in a UK court. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you and we may agree to refer the matter to arbitration but you and we are not restricted from bringing court proceedings.
26. Data Protection: Where you participate in a competition, your personal data shall be processed in accordance with our Privacy Statement available here https://www.chessington.com/legal/privacy-policy/. By submitting an entry, the participant acknowledges that the processing of his/her personal data is necessary for the Promoter to fulfil its obligations to the participant in respect of the promotion and to enable you to enter the competition, visit and use our Website and/or to claim any prize you may win. You confirm and warrant that all data provided by you for these purposes are accurate. If the participant exercises his/her right to object to the processing of such personal data prior to the end of the competition, his/her participation may be cancelled.